Tea Tree Oil Products
There are many products that have harnessed the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil for acne treatment. Try these products for added results.
- Some products like tea tree cleansers, moisturizers, soaps, lotions, and spot gels are available at the store or online.
- Tea tree oil gel deeply penetrates skin, drying acne and pimples. The gel is ideal for treating whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, and acne as it unblocks the sebaceous ducts. Apply a small amount of gel to the affected area twice daily. Add aloe vera gel to avoid overly dry skin.
- Tea tree oil soap is the right way to gently cleanse and disinfect skin. Tea tree oil soap will stop breakouts and prevent more in the future.
Best Tea Tree Oil for Acne
- It is always good to use to use 100 % pure Australian essential tea tree oil from reputed brands.
- Good brands of tea tree oil available in Australia are All Thursday plantation products (contains pure Australian TTO), All Desert Essence branded products (contains only pure Australian TTO) and Tea Tree Wonders offer only pure Australian TTO.
- Best brands in U.S., Canada, UK and other countries are Eden’s Garden, Plant Therapy, Essential Vitality, doTERRA, Aura Cacia, Young Living, CVS Melaleuca Alternifolia, etc.
Tips and Precautions
For best results, follow the advice below when using tea tree oil to treat acne.
- Undiluted tea tree oil may cause skin irritation, redness, blistering, dryness, and itching. Dilute the oil with either water or aloe vera gel to avoid these symptoms.
- Tea tree oil should only be used for topical application. Ingesting the oil has severe side effects.
- Tea tree oil is not recommended for children, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or those with eczema.
- Stop using tea tree oil if you develop an allergic rash, blistering, or itching.
- Before starting regular tea tree oil treatments, do a patch test to find out of you are allergic to it.
- Make sure to use pure tea tree oil. Adulterants can cause adverse effects.
Like other acne treatments, tea tree oil is most effective when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid excess sugar and carbohydrates, and drink enough water to stay completely hydrated.