Tips and Precautions
- The above mentioned remedies might not suit all skin types. So it is better to get a patch test done before you use any of the remedies.
- Make sure to close your eyes during the application of any face pack. In the event of the mixture or any juice enters your eyes, quickly splash cold water on your eyes and visit your doctor if the burning persists.
- Reduce your alcohol consumption. Alcohol can dilute blood and increase the blood circulation resulting in a puffy face.
- Drink plenty of water. Water can clear out toxins and any excess waste from your body. Including from your face.
- If your job involves you to work with a computer, every 15-20 minutes look at something far away from your system so that your eyes do not get strained and tired.
- Stress and crying is a leading reason for puffy eyes. Try to de stress by working out or going for a jog out in the open.
- Try to get plenty of sleep. Sleep prevents water retention under the eyes, so try to get at least 7 – 8 hours of sleep per day.
Sometimes puffy eyes do not go away. In that case, it is advisable to get your thyroid levels checked up.