21. Coconut Oil and Essential Oils
Essential oils are volatile aromatic compounds which are extracted from various parts of different plants. A few essential oils like Lavender, Rosemary and Tea Tree, when coupled with coconut oil work incredibly against hair fall.
Lavender is considered to be the best cure for alopecia (hair fall in patches). Lavender oil is used in aromatherapy to reduce hair fall due to stress and anxiety. It also helps treat dandruff and is an excellent hair conditioner.
Rosemary essential oil stimulates cell division and dilates the blood vessels of the scalp that promotes the hair follicles to induce new hair growth. It also strengthens the hair follicles, prevents dandruff, moisturizes the dry hair and reduces split ends.
Tea Tree oil can soothe and reduce the dry flaking of the scalp. It is known to remove the dead skin cells, fungi and bacteria from the scalp. It is also known to fight dandruff, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis.
- Add about 5-8 drops of essential oil into 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix well and apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Massage gently and wrap a towel or shower cap to your head.
- Leave it for 1-2 hours before you shower.
- Repeat once every 2 days for better results.