15. Coconut oil and Honey
Honey is a natural moisturizer for the scalp. It has strong antioxidants which keep away infections from the scalp.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp evenly and cover it with a shower cap.
- Leave it for an hour and then shower with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat once a week.
16. Coconut oil and Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper consists capsaicin and vitamin B6 which both enable hair growth. Potassium and vitamin K help moisturize and keep the hair from drying up.
Cannabinoids are compounds usually found in marijuana which prevent hair from growing. Cayenne pepper is a natural cannabinoid blocker. It stops cannabinoids from reaching the endocannabinoid receptors which are responsible for hair growth among other functions.
- Into a jar, add ½ cup of coconut oil and mix 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper.
- Stir well, seal the jar and keep it aside in a cool and dark place for about 2 weeks.
- Now take it out and add ½ cup of olive oil to the mixture.
- Apply some of the infused oil to your scalp and massage properly.
- Wash off after an hour.
- Repeat 2 times a week.
17. Coconut oil and Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek consists of proteins which help to fight baldness. Its potassium content helps to prevent grey hair. The Lecithin in it strengthens the hair follicle whereas the nicotinic acid in it promotes hair growth.
- A handful or a cup of fenugreek seeds must be soaked overnight.
- Strain them and crush to obtain a paste of fenugreek seeds.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to this paste and mix thoroughly.
- Apply this to the scalp and massage gently with your fingers.
- Leave this on for an hour.
- Wash the hair with cool water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a week.