12. Coconut oil and Amla (Indian Gooseberry) tonic
Amla is known for its high carotene content which helps keep the hair lustrous and healthy. It’s rich vitamin C content helps keep the hair dust and dandruff free. Also, Amla enhances the hair color, strengthens and conditions it.
- Take about 8-10 Indian gooseberries and slice them to little pieces.
- Dry these for about 2-3 days under sun.
- Now take a saucepan and fry the dried amlas in a cup of coconut oil.
- Once the concoction turns black in color, take it down from the stove.
- Now cool it and apply to your hair as a pack.
- Wrap it with a shower cap and let it stay for an hour before showering off with a mild shampoo.
- Little amounts of this tonic on your hair daily will result in a lustrous and healthy hair.
13. Coconut oil and Olive oil
Both coconut oil and olive oil are great moisturizers. Olive oil contains anti-oxidants which help fight infection causing bacteria and fungi. When coupled with coconut oil, your hair can be protected against dryness and flaking.
- Mix equal ratios of coconut and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Apply it to the hair follicles and scalp thoroughly.
- Massage gently for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this 1-2 times a week.
14. Coconut oil and Hibiscus tonic
Hibiscus fights hair fall and prevents premature greying of hair and split ends. It strengthens the hair follicles, conditions them and gives a bouncy feel to the hair.
- Take a frying pan and pour 1 cup of coconut oil into it.
- Heat it mildly and add about 10-12 fresh hibiscus leaves.
- Fry them till they become golden red in color.
- Strain the oil and let it cool down.
- Apply this to your hair 2-3 times a day as a conditioner or as a simple massage hair oil.