3. Coconut Oil and Curry Leaves
Curry leaves are rich in antioxidants, beta carotene and amino acids. They help in reducing the hair fall, repairing the roots and in promoting hair regrowth. Curry leaves further rejuvenate the hair follicles and prevent premature greying of hair.
- Heat a frying pan and pour 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Add a handful of curry leaves (wash and dry) into the oil and fry them.
- Once the leaves turn black, switch off the stove and strain the oil.
- Let the oil cool down and apply it to your scalp.
- Massage gently for 5 minutes and leave it on for a few hours.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process 1-2 times a week for better results.
4. Coconut and Camphor
Hair loss can also be caused due to scalp infections or pollution. Camphor helps fight these infection causing bacteria. It also protects your hair from pollution and promotes hair growth too.
- Crush a few camphor blocks (enough to fill 2 teaspoons).
- Mildly heat half a cup of coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Now add the camphor powder to the oil and stir till it dissolves.
- Remove the solution from the stove and let it cool.
- Apply the oil solution to your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Massage for 5-10 minutes before washing it off with a shampoo.
- Repeat the process once a week.
5. Coconut Oil and Lemon
Lemons are rich in vitamin C, magnesium, and calcium. The Limonene present in it helps cleanse the hair of any dirt, dandruff or infection causing bacteria/fungi. It also protects the hair follicles from breakage.
- Squeeze one ripe lemon into a small bowl and mix it with 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Massage for a few minutes before sealing it with a shower cap.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash your hair with cool water and a mild shampoo the next day.
- Repeat the process once in a week.