How to use Tea Tree Oil for Acne
Tea tree oil can be used in many ways to rid acne quickly. But make sure to use only 100% pure, organic tea tree oil for best results. If you don’t have time to prepare the remedies, then try face masks that are specially designed for acne prone skin.
1. Tea Tree Oil
This method is very effective in reducing the swelling and redness of cystic acne. In order to boost the effectiveness of tea tree oil, wash the affected area with a face wash that contains active ingredients to fight with acne.
- Apply a few drops of tea tree oil to the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Leave for 3 – 4 hours or overnight.
- Repeat regularly for best results.
2. Diluted Tea Tree Oil
This method can alternately be used as a face rinse, if desired, and is effective for treating cystic acne.
- Rinse your face with water and pat dry.
- Mix 1 part tea tree oil and 9 parts water.
- Apply to the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Leave for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
- Apply moisturizer that doesn’t clog the pores.
- Repeat 2 times a day.
- Note: For sensitive skin or spot treatment, dilute oil with aloe vera gel instead of water.