9. Honey, Almond Oil and Beeswax
Almond oil is a natural exfoliator for dry and damaged skin. It helps in maintaining the natural moisture content within dry skin and chapped lips. Beeswax is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and an anti-oxidant. It helps to soothe chapped lips and forms a protective layer to prevent dry lips from drying out further.
- In a bowl, add 1 tablespoon each of honey and almond oil.
- Add a little beeswax (melted) into it and mix well to attain the consistency of a thick paste.
- Spread the mixture evenly on dry lips.
- Leave on for 5-8 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Re-apply twice daily.
10. Honey, Brown Sugar and Cocoa Powder
Cocoa powder contains a number of beneficial fatty acids that help in hydrating dry lips. It is also enriched with anti-oxidants that are effective in relieving symptoms like peeling and itchiness associated with dryness.
- Take 1 teaspoon honey, ½ teaspoons each of cocoa powder and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Mix well and apply mixture as a lip balm on chapped lips.
- Leave on overnight.
- Wash off with cool water in the morning.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week.