3. Honey and Sugar
Sugar acts as a good exfoliator for chapped lips. It helps to remove the dry and dead cells from cracked lips, resulting in softer and smoother texture of lips.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of honey in a bowl.
- Apply it to your cracked lips and leave it on for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Gently rub lips with your fingers to loosen up the dry skin cells.
- Wash off application with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process thrice a week.
For extra benefits: Add few drops of olive oil into the mixture. Olive oil is packed with anti-aging oxidants and hydrating squalene, which helps it to nourish dry and cracked lips.
Note: You can use either white or brown sugar in this remedy. Brown sugar crystals work better with honey if your lips are extra-sensitive.
4. Honey and Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly or Vaseline locks in moisture by forming a protective layer on chapped lips. It easily penetrates into the layers within and speeds up the natural renewal process, resulting in softer lips.
- Apply a thin layer of honey on your dry lips with your fingers.
- Allow it to air dry for a minute.
- Apply a light coat of petroleum jelly over it.
- Wait for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove application by wiping off with a cotton ball dipped in lukewarm water.
- Repeat application twice daily.