How to Use Honey for Chapped Lips
Honey on its own acts as a soothing and hydrating agent for chapped lips. For a long-lasting respite from dryness, you can also combine other natural hydrating ingredients with honey to make a scrub or chemical-free lip balm which provides relief from sore, dry lips.
Honey is a natural humectant which hydrates and rejuvenates dry and chapped lips. It also works as an anti-irritant to reduce the soreness and painful symptoms associated with dry lips.
- Apply a thin layer of honey on your chapped lips with your fingers.
- Leave the application overnight or as long as possible.
- Wash off with cool water in the morning.
- Repeat several times a day.
2. Honey and Glycerin
Glycerin has natural moisturizing properties that keep chapped lips hydrated from within. It also heals the symptoms of dry lips like bleeding, flaking and irritation with regular use.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of honey and glycerin in a bowl.
- Apply the paste on dry lips.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash off application in the morning.
- Re-apply every alternate day for best results.