5. Cucumber and Lemon
Vitamin C present in lemon shrinks blood vessels and reduces the accumulation of water under the eyes.
- Combine equal amounts of cucumber and lemon juice.
- Dip a swab of cotton into this mixture.
- Rub it gently all over your eyes and under it.
- Let it sit for about 20-25 minutes.
- Wash your eyes with cool water.
- Make sure you close your eyes at the time of application. Lemon juice can cause burning and irritation if it enters the eyes.
- Alternatively, you could squeeze a lemon on a slice of cucumber and place them on your eyes for a while.
6. Cucumber and Rose Water
Rosewater is known for its anti-inflammatory property which helps in the reduction of swelling and redness under the eyes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of cucumber juice and rose water.
- Dip a cotton swab into this mixture.
- Apply it under your eyes.
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Repeat this procedure 3 times a day.