6. Coconut oil and Eggs
Eggs contain essential minerals like zinc, iodine, potassium and selenium which nourish, strengthen your hair and prevent them from falling off. Being natural conditioners due to the presence of lecithin, eggs help in reducing frizzy hair.
- Beat a large egg into a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and honey to the beaten egg.
- Whisk thoroughly and gently apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Cover it with a shower cap and leave it for a few hours.
- Rinse your hair with cool water and a shampoo.
Note: Your hair might be a bit smelly after the application of this hair pack. Use an aromatic shampoo or simply add lemon to your bath water to get rid of the smell.
7. Coconut oil and Ginger
The linoleic acid found in Ginger nourishes and strengthens the hair follicles. Ginger root contains magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamins which makes it a great anti-dandruff and natural conditioner.
- Grind some ginger into a fine paste.
- Squeeze out the juice into a small spoon.
- Mix this with 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply this to your scalp and massage gently for about 5 minutes.
- Let your hair sit with this for 2-3 hours before showering with a shampoo.
- Repeat every other week for best results.
8. Coconut oil and Onions
Sulfur deficiency has been linked to hair loss. Methylsulfonylmethane, an abundant source of sulfur is found in onions which results in the formation of keratin, an essential component for hair growth.
- Take 1 tablespoon of onion juice and mix it with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply this to your scalp and hair follicles.
- Massage for about 5 minutes and let it sit for about an hour.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat once a week or once every other week is enough.