How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair Loss
Coconut oil can be used directly or coupled with other oils/ingredients to prevent hair loss. Out of all those are available, the best and most effective ones are listed below.
1. Coconut Oil Massage
When massaged, coconut oil tends to penetrate the hair follicles and remove any blockages or clogs. This enables the free flow of blood thus boosting the blood circulation to the hair follicles.
- Slightly warm 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply it all over your scalp and hair from root to tip.
- Now massage your head gently with your fingertips for about 5 minutes.
- Wrap a towel around your head and leave it alone for an hour.
- Shower with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process 3 times a week.
2. Coconut oil and Castor oil
Castor oil consists of omega-9 fatty acids and Ricinoleic amino acids which are the most essential requirements for a well-nourished scalp.
They penetrate the hair follicles, free up the blood circulation, enable better nourishment to the existing follicles and promote the growth of new hair.
- Wash/damp your hair first.
- Mix equal parts of castor oil and coconut oil. (2 tablespoons each or increase it depending on the length of your hair).
- Apply it onto your scalp and start massaging gently for about 5 minutes.
- Wrap a towel or a shower cap to your head and leave it on for a few hours.
- Wash your hair with a shampoo.
- Repeat once every week.