13. Homemade Chocolate Honey Lip Balm
Shea butter is a hydrating agent rich in Vitamin F, which helps to keep dry lips hydrated and soft by maintaining their moisture content and elasticity. Chocolate is rich in anti-oxidants which keeps the lips soft and moisturized. Vanilla extract is a good source of vitamins that have anti-oxidant properties, which play an important role in keeping dry lips nourished.
- Take 1 teaspoon each of honey, almond oil, olive oil and shea butter in a bowl.
- Add 3-4 drops of vanilla extract to it.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 teaspoon grated beeswax.
- Add 4-5 white chocolate chips to it and heat again till fully melted.
- Combine the melted beeswax and chocolate chips to the mixture of oils and vanilla extract.
- Mix well and store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Apply the honey lip balm on chapped lips several times a day.
14. DIY Honey Lip Gloss
Vitamin E oil has a soothing effect on dry lips. It helps to relieve the troublesome symptoms associated with dryness and works to hydrate the lips from within. Cranberries have a high concentration of anti-oxidants, vitamins and enzymes that regenerate and moisturize chapped lips. It also imparts a natural color as a hydrating gloss to the lips.
- Combine 10 fresh cranberries, 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil and 1 drop vitamin E oil.
- Microwave mixture for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and crush the berries gently.
- Let the mixture cool down and strain through a sieve.
- Add 1 teaspoon honey and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture into a container.
- Apply to lips daily or as required.
15. DIY Raspberry Honey Lip Balm
- Using a double boiler, melt 1 teaspoon of beeswax pellets and 4 teaspoons coconut oil.
- Once melted, remove from the flame.
- Now mix, 1/2 teaspoon each of zinc oxide powder, raspberry powder, and honey.
- Pour the mixture into a lip balm container. Let it sit aside to solidify.
- Use daily as required.