11. Honey, Coconut Oil and Olive Oil
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that acts as a hydrating lip balm on chapped lips. In combination with olive oil and honey, it works to soothe and hydrate dry lips from within and prevents them from losing their moisture content.
- In a bowl, take 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and olive oil.
- Add ¾ teaspoon of honey and stir thoroughly.
- Apply as a lip balm and leave on overnight.
- Wash off with cool water in the morning.
- Re-apply once in every 3 days.
Note: This mixture can also be stored in an airtight jar and used several times a day in case of excessively dry lips. Another alternative is to apply mixture of coconut oil and honey (equal portions) as a lip balm on dry lips and leave it overnight.
12. Honey, Brown Sugar, Petroleum Jelly and Olive Oil
Brown sugar crystals work as a natural exfoliator for dry and damaged skin cells on chapped lips. It also works as a natural humectant to prevent excessive moisture loss from the surface of the lips. Olive oil in combination with petroleum jelly and honey work as a deep conditioning mask to help heal dry lips and keep them hydrated.
- In a bowl, add 1 tablespoon each of honey and brown sugar.
- Add to it ½ tablespoon each of petroleum jelly and olive oil.
- Apply the honey scrub mixture on chapped lips with your fingers.
- Gently massage it in for 1-2 minutes.
- Allow it to stay on for another 2 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process twice a week.