7. Honey and Cucumber
The main constituent of cucumber is water which makes it an excellent hydrating agent for dry lips. It helps to relieve the painful symptoms of soreness and inflammation associated with chapped lips.
- Keep a cucumber in the refrigerator for a few hours to cool it.
- Once it cools, cut out 3-4 mm thick slices from it.
- Dab them on your chapped lips for 1-2 minutes.
- Leave on for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cucumber slices.
- Spread a thin layer of honey on the dry lips.
- Leave on for about 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Re-apply every alternate day.
8. Honey, Milk Cream and Rose Petals
Milk cream contains fat content which has a nourishing and hydrating effect on chapped lips. Mashed rose petals act as a lip softener and help keep it moisturized.
- Wash a handful of rose petals thoroughly under running water.
- Soak them in milk for 2-3 hours.
- Mash the petals into a paste in a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of honey and milk cream to it.
- Spread mixture evenly on chapped lips.
- Wait for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with milk followed by cool water.
- Repeat the method daily.