5. Honey and Lemon Juice
Lemon juice works as a natural bleaching agent for discolored chapped lips. It is also a good exfoliator to get rid of dry skin cells from the surface of dry lips.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey and ½ teaspoon lemon juice in a bowl.
- Massage gently on chapped lips for 1-2 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the method twice a week.
For more effectiveness: You can add 1/2 teaspoon of castor oil into the mixture. Castor oil is rich in triglycerides and fatty acids like oleic and linoleic acids, that help restore the natural moisture balance in case of dry lips or skin.
6. Honey and Rosewater
Rosewater works to hydrate, moisturize and revitalize dry and chapped lips. It has anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties that have a soothing effect on dryness.
- In a bowl, mix 1 teaspoon each of honey and rosewater together.
- Apply mixture evenly on dry lips.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Continue repeating the process daily until you achieve the results.